Where to Shop
First things first – where should you go to shop? While there are great spots all around town, here are a few places that are a good starting point:
- DeWitt-Seitz Marketplace – This historic building has a lot to offer, boasting an array of shops and specialty makers.
- Duluth Studio Market – Located in the Lakeside neighborhood, local makers comprise nearly half of the shop’s inventory! If you’re not sure what you’re looking for, but think you’ll know it when you see it, this might be your spot.
- Enger Lofts & Shops – from clothing boutiques to kitchen gadgets, the stores in this newly remodeled 1800s-era building in Lincoln Park offer a variety of unique gifts.
- Fitger’s – This complex offers 15 shops with goods ranging from clothing to wine to pet goods and more.
- Indigenous First Art & Gift Shop – This shop offers “quality gifts and goods with a mission of advancing, promoting and investing in Indigenous and diverse artists and entrepreneurs.” Find everything from fine art to wild rice to jewelry and more.
- Miller Hill Mall – This is truly a one-stop-shop, offering everything from local art shops to a pet boutique to department stores and more. Plus, there’s plenty of delicious food available right on-site, so you refuel and keep shopping longer.
- Visit Duluth Visitor Center Gift Shop – Located in Canal Park (next to Flagship), this spot has a unique selection of goods from local makers. The collection rotates, so be sure to visit often!
- Pop-Ups – During the holiday season there are temporary pop-up markets and events happening throughout Duluth, featuring a wide-variety of one-of-a-kind gifts from local makers. From the Duluth Winter Village to the Great Hall Marketplace at the Depot, check out the Visit Duluth calendar of events for more information.
What to Get
While there’s no one-size-fits-all when it comes to gifts, here are ideas for gifts of all kinds.
Gifts to Eat & Drink
- Coffee – Duluth knows coffee, and these spots have pounds to go: Alakef Coffee Roasters, Almanac Coffee, City Girl Coffee Co., Duluth Coffee Company and Yellow Bike Coffee
- Duluth Candy Co.
- Hepzibah’s Sweet Shoppe
- Libations – Many of Duluth’s breweries, cideries and distilleries have items you can purchase to go
- Local wild rice or maple syrup – Indigenous First Art & Gift Shop offers both
Gifts to Experience
Looking for something that won’t add clutter to your loved ones’ homes? Give the gift of an experience.
- Cedar + Stone Sauna
- Duluth Art Institute
- Duluth Folk School – Offers an array of classes for all skills and interests
- Event tickets – Some event tickets for 2023 are already on sale, such as the Duluth Airshow and Foreigner at the DECC.
- Lake Superior Art Glass – Offers seasonal classes and the chance to become a glassblower
- Memberships – The Duluth Children’s Museum, Great Lakes Aquarium to the Lake Superior Zoo offer memberships that can provide fun for a whole year – the gift that keeps on giving.
- Mix Cosmetiques – Many options to create custom, natural body & beauty products
- North Shore Scenic Railroad
- Performing arts tickets – Choose from the Duluth Playhouse, Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra, Minnesota Ballet, Zeitgeist and more.
- Vertical Endeavors – Indoor rock climbing
- Vista Fleet – Lake Superior & harbor cruises
- Zenith Adventures – Guided tours, including paddle boarding, kayaking and hiking
Gifts for the Home
- Art galleries & shops – Art Dock, Duluth Pottery & Tile, Joseph Nease Gallery, Lake Superior Art Glass, Lizzards Art Gallery and Framing, Sivertson Art of the North, Tischer Gallery
- Bailey Builds – Wood mosaic art. Also offers classes for a unique experience
- Candles – Clover Valley Candles, Great North Candle Co, Miel, Naturalight Candles, Riverside Soy Candles (Riverside Soy also offers candle making workshops for groups of 4-16)
- Dovetail Café & Marketplace
- Flora North
- Hucklebeary – featuring ornaments, office supplies, cards and more
- Two Loons
Gifts for Kids (and Kids at Heart)
Gifts for the Outdoor Enthusiast
Gifts to Wear
- DLH Clothing
- Duluth Trading Company
- Free Air Life Co.
- Ivy Moon
- Northwoods Confections & Gifts Inc.
Gifts for Wellness and Fitness Enthusiasts
- Bodywork and energy work – In Harmony Reiki, Infinity Massage & Wellness
- Bouldering and climbing – Duluth Climbing and Fitness
- Group classes – Destination Fitness, Movo Studio
- Health and wellness goods – Weeping Willow Heartfelt Gifts
- Private training – XMT-3 Training Studio
- Running and walking – Duluth Running Company, Tortoise and the Hare Footware
- Yoga – Duluth Yoga, Duluth Goat Yoga, Evolve Yoga, Full Circle Yoga, Inner Bliss Soul Yoga, Runa Yoga, Svalja Yoga, Yoga North
Gifts for Your Pet