With fun restaurants, DIY classes, exciting attractions, a variety of shopping options, unique cocktail spots (oh, and plenty of photo op spots), Duluth is the perfect location to spend some quality time with your friends. Check out these spots for a girls trip you won’t soon forget:
Fuel Up for Fun
- Kick start the day at a Duluth brunch spot or pick up the perfect pastry at one of Duluth’s many bakeries.
- A meal all in itself! Duluth’s wide variety of bloody marys are sure to satisfy.
- Craving pizza? Visit a local pizza joint for a classic slice or unexpected delight. Tandoori Tikka pizza, anyone?
- We didn’t forget about dessert! No matter the weather, ice cream is always the right choice and Duluth has plenty of options to choose from.
- Visiting during patio weather? Check out the many places around town to dine Al Fresco.
- Oh Fur Cute! Check out the amazing (and adorable) animals at the Lake Superior Zoo.
- The Duluth Playhouse produces top-notch theatrical performances year-round.
- Go on a mural hunt to find some of Duluth’s best artwork – perfect for photos for the gram.
- Get cultured and catch a performance from the Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra.
- Marvel at the paintings, photographs, ceramics, cultural objects and more at the Tweed Museum of Art.
- Duluth’s Board & Brush offers tons of DIY workshops to bring friends together. Join one of their many weekend classes or schedule your own private event. Projects include sign building, wall art, trays and more.
- Mix Cosmetics is an organic skincare and makeup DIY experience. Create your own lip balm, bath scrub and more.
- Lake Superior Glass Art has a group wine goblet class, which includes a complimentary glass of wine after you finish!
- Find everything you need and stuff you just plain want. From the Miller Hill Mall to specialty stores in Canal Park and Lincoln Park to art galleries throughout the city, check out all of the shops and take a piece of Duluth home with you.
Raise a Glass
- Get glamorous and head to the sophisticated Blackwater Lounge in downtown Duluth. With its extensive martini menu, craft cocktails, “Lounge bites” and live jazz music – it is the perfect spot for your group to begin or cap off the evening.
- Just down Superior Street (yet off the beaten path) lies the Rathskeller, a modern speakeasy with craft cocktails, mules, whiskey, wine and craft beer. It sits underneath The Oliver Inn, which was designed as Duluth’s original city hall in 1889.
- The Ripple Bar in Canal Park is a great place to try new cocktail and mocktail flavors.
- Also in Canal Park, Vikre Distillery’s cocktail room features innovative, made-from-scratch drinks as well as flights of their spirits, liqueurs, and canned cocktails.
- Jade Fountain Cocktail Lounge in West Duluth offers a one-of-a-kind drink menu and atmosphere. A former Chinese restaurant, Jade Fountain has “an eclectic design with décor and drinks from around the world.” While you’re there, challenge your friends to a game of ping pong.
- “The place you go when you have a good day, or a bad one” – the woman-owned Boreal House in West Duluth features a variety of handcrafted cocktails – from the Gin Spritzer to the House Old Fashioned – plus many local and regional beers on tap.
- There are also plenty of places that offer delicious N/A options for the sober, sober curious or designated driver.
- And of course, all of Duluth’s wonderful breweries, cideries and distilleries are always ready to welcome your crew.
Catch the Vibe
- Enjoy live music from Duluth’s incredible local talent. Some spots even have a dance floor for your crew the dance the night away.
- Hit the stage and sing karaoke at one of the local dives, like Caddy Shack, Curly’s Bar or The Reef.
And of course, there are always awesome events happening throughout the city year-round, so be sure to check out the events calendar as you plan your trip with your pals.