DISCLAIMER: By populating the Customizable Official Rules, on behalf of myself and on behalf of any entity for which I am acting (together referred to as “Customer”), Customer accepts all risks and acknowledges that promotional contests come with complicated and ever-changing legal regulations and restrictions, Customer understands that it should obtain legal guidance from an experienced attorney before conducting a promotional contest and populating the Customizable Official Rules, and Customer hereby agrees to hold harmless and indemnify ShortStack and its contributors for any loss, damage, or legal liability associated with Customer’s use of the Customizable Official Rules
FIRST SHIP OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those who sign up at the www.visitduluth.com/first-ship and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Visit Duluth, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Visit Dululth as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Contest.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on February 27th @ 12:01 AM CST and ending March 24th, 2023 @ 11:59 PM CST. All online entries must be received by March 24th, 2023 @ 11:59 PM CST.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at www.visitduluth.com/first-ship. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Visit Duluth. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Visit Duluth.
5. Prizes: The Grand Prize Winner of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive a Fairfield Inn one night stay, 2 William A. Irvin Ship Tour passes, 2 Great Lakes Aquarium passes, $100 Grandma’s Restaurant gift certificate, 2 Glensheen Mansion Classic Tour passes, Lake Superior feeding tour for one to five people, 4 Lake Superior Railroad First Class Dome Car tickets, 2 Vista Fleet sightseeing vouchers, $20 Vitta Pizza gift card, Incline Station Family Bowling & Pizza package, 2 Duluth Superior Symphony Orchestra tickets, Flagship gift card valued at $100, Lake Superior Magazine annual subscription, Brand new Bentleyville 2023 hooded sweatshirt and winter hat, Duluth Pack “Grab-n-Go” bag with a coupon for next purchase, Minnesota Power gift basket, Visit Duluth gift basket featuring local art, Duluth Seaway Port Authority branded winter hat and hardcover port history book. The Runner-Up Prize Winner of the Contest (the “Runner-Up”) will receive 2 Great Lakes Aquarium tickets, Lake Superior Magazine annual subscription, 2 Glensheen Mansion Classic Tour passes, Duluth Pack Gear Stash Bag with coupon for next purchase, Visit Duluth can koozie, 4 Lake Superior Railroad Museum passes, 2023 Bentleyville long sleeve shirt and 5 Nickelodeon Universe Mystery Tickets. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Visit Duluth. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Visit Duluth’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Visit Duluth to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. The Grand Prize and Runner-Up Prize must be picked up at Visit Duluth’s corporate office.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected based on their submission and its proximity to the correct answer under the supervision of Visit Duluth. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. Visit Duluth shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT VISIT DULUTH‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this content (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that Visit Duluth, anyone acting on behalf of Visit Duluth, and Visit Duluth’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: Visit Duluth reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Visit Duluth’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Visit Duluth may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Visit Duluth . Visit Duluth reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Visit Duluth has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Visit Duluth reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Visit Duluth and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF MINNESOTA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Minnesota having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Visit Duluth, 230 W Superior St #150, Duluth, MN 55802. Requests must be received no later than 11:59 PM CST on April 30th, 2022.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Visit Duluth, 230 W Superior St #150, Duluth, MN 55802.
15. Facebook/Instagram: The Contest hosted by Visit Duluth is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.
NOTE: we will include the following at the point of entry: ___ By checking here, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.