With its picturesque landscape full of winter wonder, vibrant entertainment, and plenty of warm spots to cozy up, Duluth is for lovers: outdoor lovers, craft beverage lovers, arts and culture lovers, or just lovers of a good time.
Here are a few ideas on how to spend Valentine’s Day in Duluth:
For Adventure Lovers
Nothing brings a couple (or friends!) together more than shared adventures, and Duluth is the perfect place to get your hearts pumping.
- Zoom downhill at Spirit Mountain, steer fat tire bikes through groomed trails or lift-accessed downhill courses, or try ice climbing in Quarry Park.
- Take your love to new heights with a special Valentine’s Day Helicopter Tour over the beautiful city and harbor all while enjoying a complimentary glass of champagne.
- If a slower pace is more your style, Duluth offers top-notch snowshoeing and winter hiking opportunities. Visit a city park or check out the Duluth section of the Superior Hiking Trail. (And don’t forget your camera to capture great views and shareable selfies.)
- Keep the adventure going by warming up in the Cedar and Stone Nordic Ice Sauna just steps from Canal Park.
For Craft Beverage Lovers
After a day on the slopes or trails, warm up with some liquid libations.
- Snuggle up in a corner and enjoy some hand-crafted cocktails at Vikre Distillery’s cozy tap room, or head to one of Duluth’s many breweries or cideries.
- Step back in time at the Rathskeller’s Roaring 20’s Valentine’s Party. Dress to impress in your best 1920’s garb and enjoy an evening of romance, jazz, food and drink in Duluth’s one and only speakeasy.
- Also, check out Lincoln Park’s “Lights On! With Love” Valentine’s Day light display at participating businesses throughout the neighborhood (Feb. 1-14).
For History Lovers
There’s something romantic about traveling back in time together, and Duluth offers plenty of ways for couples to explore its storied history.
- Explore the historic and beautiful Duluth Depot, home to seven different organizations including the Lake Superior Railroad Museum and the St. Louis County Historical Society.
- Tour the timelessly grand Glensheen Mansion, then step outside for a free Sunset Snowshoe around the grounds and along the shore every Wednesday and Friday in February from 4:00 -7:00 PM.
- Learn about Duluth’s oldest brewery, Fitger’s. Founded in 1857, Fitger’s is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and features self-guided tours and an onsite museum.
For Live Show Lovers
For the perfect date night, catch a little live entertainment in Duluth.
- Zeitgeist is hosting Renegade at the Movies Presents: “Fifty Shades of Grey” on Valentine’s Day.
- Sir Benedict’s Tavern on the Lake has live music five to seven nights a week.
- Enjoy dinner and a show at Wussow’s Concert Cafe on Feb. 14 at their Valentine’s Dinner Show with the Clearwater Hotclub.
- Enjoy an evening of class at the Lyric Opera of the North’s Valentine’s Day Soirée. Hosted at the Greysolon Ballroom, your evening will be full of delicious food, music and love.
- Enjoy a four-course wine pairing at New London Cafe’s Valentine’s Day Roses & Rosé. Complete with live music and a personalized Valentine’s Day keepsake of the special night.
For Dessert Lovers
Need some sightseeing fuel? Make a sweet stop with your sweetheart as you stroll around town.
- What’s dinner without dessert? Grab treats for two at one of many locally owned restaurants around Duluth.
- Lean into love and share some ice cream at one of Duluth’s many creameries.
- Duluth Candy Co. is also the perfect place to pick up a few sweets for your sweetie (or yourself).
For Animal Lovers
Want to share a unique experience together learning about your favorite (or soon to be favorite) animals? Check out the Lake Superior Zoo.
- The Zoo is offering “Best Date Ever” experiences Feb. 10, 11 and 14, where you can learn what it takes to care for the animals at the Zoo with private keeper chats, behind-the-scenes tours, feedings and more. Also, the VIP Otter & Snapping Turtle Experience is now available! NOTE: The experiences are for adults 21+ and spots are limited.
For Glass Art (and Wine!) Lovers
- From Feb. 10 – 14, Lake Superior Art Glass is offering private wine goblet making classes where couples can create their own custom wine glasses. Enjoy a complimentary glass of wine when you’re finished (must be 21+). For other unique Valentine’s Day gift options, create your own special pieces together with February exclusive classes for designing your own custom floral vase, heart pendant necklace or heart sculpture.
There’s lots to love in Duluth. And with plenty of lodging options to choose from, it’s the perfect place to spend a romantic getaway (Valentine’s Day or not).