Join Our Team
President of Sales and Operations
Visit Duluth is looking for an experienced, innovative, and successful leader to serve in the role of President of Sales and Operations. This exciting new position is a perfect opportunity to combine successful sales experience and proven leadership to help drive and support Duluth’s tourism and hospitality industry. Duluth is the top tourist destination in Minnesota and is a highly rated destination for both business and leisure travelers. Visit Duluth is an award-winning organization committed to serving the convention, conference, meetings and sports events markets, providing concierge services to meeting planners and event coordinators.
The President of Sales and Operations is responsible for sales and revenue generation, along with supporting all aspects of Visit Duluth and providing day-to-day leadership and direction, maintaining a positive visitor experience, driving employee development and satisfaction, brand standard compliance, human resources, financial performance, and delivering a return on investment.
- Lead sales initiative; sets individual and team goals and measures progress
- Generates maximum event and convention revenue across the City of Duluth by effectively managing sales budgets, expenses, and procedures
- Creates and implements plans to prospect, market, and attract the best possible convention and event mix for the community
- Maintain positive relationships and regular communication with City of Duluth administration to ensure transparency, accountability, and return on investment
- Oversee management of Duluth’s visitor center and services
- Demonstrates knowledge of key features and benefits of the brand and considers why those benefits would be valuable, resulting in increased brand loyalty, profitability, and revenue growth
- Champions, promotes, and increases awareness of the brand
- Acts as a key business resource with clients. Listens to find ways to help solve business challenges with available Duluth resources and helps clients be creative in imagining the possibilities.
- Continually expands expertise of the market and explores ways to differentiate
- Reviews production reports and other sales metrics to consistently evaluate potential revenue -and overall financial expectations for each account
- Work closely with the Visit Duluth board executive committee; support board engagement and manage board meeting logistics and materials
- Completes other tasks and duties as assigned based on business needs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required; emphasis in Hospitality, Sales, Marketing, or Business strongly preferred
- Three-five years of sales experience
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, and familiarity with IDSS or other lead generation platform
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills; Ability to communicate effectively with clients, external parties, and other stakeholders
- A passion for the mission, vision, and values of Visit Duluth
- Significant management and customer service experience, with demonstrated ability to lead a team
- Demonstrated ability to network and build-relationships for strategic business growth
- Knowledge of the geographic area or demonstrated ability/process for learning new geographic areas
- A solid understanding of profit and loss statements, as well as the ability to create, and adhere to an annual budget
Compensation & Benefits:
Visit Duluth offers competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience. Salary guidance is $80,000 annual compensation plus PTO, 401k employer contribution and health, dental and life insurance coverage.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their resume, cover letter, and at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants should be sure to address their wage/salary expectations, when they would be able to begin work, and years of experience in the field. Applications will be screened upon submission and the job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Visit Duluth is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We encourage those from historically underserved communities, such as people of color, women, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities, to apply for this job.