Join Our Team
About the Position
The Sales Manager – Events role is a sales professional. Duluth has numerous venues and countless reasons to host events and you’ll be the person to drive that message home. Bringing in your B2B sales experience, combined with your knowledge and love of Duluth, you’ll find clients, negotiate terms, and bring the sale home (literally).
- Cultivate strong working relationships with event planners, sport associations, corporate market as well as the inbound/3rd party market
- Identify, develop, and maintain key accounts as well as foster new relationships and source new business to exceed revenue goals
- Identify and generate new sales opportunities and initiatives to drive event sales
- Increase venue and destination awareness within the market by conducting sales calls, familiarization tours, industry meetings, tradeshows, etc.
- Partner and network within industry organizations to develop strong relationships and obtain sales leads
- Prepare proposals and event budgets geared towards maximizing profit while fulfilling customer needs
- Negotiating and contract management
- Develop event site requests, proposals, contracts, event financial summaries, event pricing requests, and post event reports
- Manage sales pipeline via daily tracking/inputting and reporting
- Partner with local venues, hotels, and other institutions for the execution of the event
- Identify market trends to support management in strategic decision making
- Continuously expand knowledge of competition to ensure Visit Duluth’s placement in the event marketplace
- Bachelor’s in business or Sales/Marketing
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Sales
- Demonstrated track-record of successfully selling and developing event programs
- Proven success in new business development, establishing strong client relationships and managing accounts
- Must have reliable transportation and able to conduct sales
- Ability to effectively prioritize and determine accurate product for customer need
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Microsoft 365
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their resume, cover letter, and at least three professional references to David@terchandassociates.com. Applicants should be sure to address their wage/salary expectations, when they would be able to begin work, and years of experience in the field. Applications will be screened upon submission and the job posting will remain open until the position is filled.
Visit Duluth is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We encourage those from historically underserved communities, such as people of color, women, LGBTQ+, and people with disabilities, to apply for this job.